• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Musicmatch 8.1 and Various Artists

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angelslayer

I got a new HD the other day (120GB) and I decided I wanted to make a "PC jukebox" from all of my albums that I legitimately own. Anyway when it comes to albums that are composed of "various" artists MM Jukebox decides that the first artist on the album must have done the whole CD! :mad:

Is there a way, or another program that will let me rip and tag the tracks an album correctly, ie - Euphoria - Various Artists, and then have each track assigned to the artist who belongs to the song, eg Bryan Adams/ Chicane - Don't Give Up, but have the album as created by various?

I only ask as this is the way I have my 500+ albums organised manually on the shelves I have to store them.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Musicmatch doesn't decide that arbitrarily. It has a database out there and it can only go by what whoever put that info in put in. Sounds like whatever CD you are talking about someone messed up on when inputting it. I have a few various artist CD's myself and so far they seem to have been input correctly as after I ripped the CD it categorizes the songs into the correct artists categories but shows them all as being part of the CD they came from. Sounds like a case of human error of whoever put the info in.....although if you are talking about a CD with various artists meaning like a CD that has a bunch of different tracks all burned to it then that is a different story. In any case, Musicmatch has a feature where you can go in and retag any of the songs in your library. Showed my 15 year old niece how to do it last night and she took right off on it.

To do it open musicmatch, then click the button on the left side that says "My Library", then click on the track you want to edit in the list of your library, then click the button at the top center of the library window that says "Edit Track Tags". Thats it! Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I understand how to edit the track tags, the problem is that MM is picking the first track artist and using that in the library description instead of saying "Various". I have tried playing around and changing it to various, but then it renames the whole album/all the tracks to various rather than the artist who did it.

Thanks
A.S

Hmm that is weird. For mine it sorts them all out by the artist name correctly. Some examples of ones I have that are various are Pure Funk, Millenium Funk Party, Millenium New Wave Party, Soundtrack to Dumb and Dumber, Soundstrack to Heavy Metal, and many others. Saw them all correctly. Wish I had some more help for ya. I dunno if you are using the free version or not ( I am not, I bought it like 6 years ago with free lifetime upgrades for like 10 bucks hehe) but suppose if you were maybe that could be part of the issue. Maybe try contacting Music Match? Good luck.

Back