• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my mp3 codec is broken....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DaveSauce

ok, so after coming home for thanksgiving break, I boot up my trusty old scanner-computer for the first time in several months. i go to play an mp3, and to my surprise, the sound comes out weird.....

It will play it kind of......but for the most part it will skip large portions of the song. When the music plays, the sound is crystal clear. But, It will play for about 1/2 second or so, then skip a chunk, play another bit, and skip some more.

I tried on both WinAmp and WMP9, doesn't work. I'm certain that it's just the codec, because sound elsewhere works fine. I haven't been able to test other music formats, because all the audio i have on this computer is in mp3 format, heh.

So, first i'm just trying to check for second opinions, and I'm also wondering if anyone knows where to download a fresh mp3 codec. I couldn't seem to find one....but maybe I didn't look hard enough, heh.

Back