• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Streaming TV over network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nil_esh

I'm looking for a way to stream the output of my TV card over the network. I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 9000 and Windows 2000. I'd like to view the stream in Linux.

Does anyone know of any software that allows this? Preferably free software, but I'm open to non-free software as well.

The only think that I coudl think of would be some virtual desktop. The only problem with that is thet video doesn't display on any of the programs that I can think of.

Maybe there is some soft of way that you could set up a video server and log onto that. Im thinking along the lines of a WMA stream. I know you can do audio, so I would assume you could do video.

If you can do it wine WMA, you would need WINE for the Linux box for it to work, and I am not sure if WMA works in WINE.

Sorry if I am no help, I just babbeled all that out, hope it can lead you in some dirrection.

Back