• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid OUTLOOK !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfamousHindu

I have this problem with my Outlook program(2003 version), every time I try to send and receive my emails, it prompts me for a user name and password, so i type in my user/pass. But then as soon as I hit okay, it prompts for it again, and again, and again.
I've tried to repair it via the install cd. I've removed all of Office 2003(well, just through Uninstall) and installed it again, but the same thing happens. Is there anyway that I can get a completely fresh start of this program?

I would venture to guess either your email server is having problems, or you're using the wrong username/password. Is there a web interface so you can see if it works through that? I only get that popup when my ISP's email server is messed up.

I'm not familiar with this problem (though I've seen similar issues with Outlook), but you may want to check the Microsoft knowledge base and see if its a known issue or not. Chances are, you'll probably have to edit the registry to fix it.

Back