• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

comment on summer vs winter temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RCtruckguy

for guys that have cooling systems inside thier house would you guys like summer better then winter? bcause AC is on and cooler and in winter heat is on. (assuming you dont move your system or some part outside for the winter)

and for you guys that have external from your house you still follow "yay winter/boo summer" mind set.

no offence to any one just trying to get you guysthinking.

personally i air cool but i will eventually get water cooling. i will have it in the house in the summer and possibly out side in the winter

~RCTG

Me uses a duct from the window, and my case is warm because of a radiator nextto it, but the temps keep down.

blue streak, thats exactly what i ment. and most overclockers are like yay winter is coming! of course since heat is going on the pc temps go up so thats bad! im just trying to get ppl away from the mindset of yay winter! when they have air cooled (or cooling systems that use the houses internal air, not outside) just something to think about really!

~RCTG

in winter even with the heater on the house temps are cooler.... alot cooler so i like winter :)

We are too cheap for heating. Then again, weatherbug is reporting 69f outside right now so its not exactly cold. But its better than in the summer. We turn the ac down to 78 and we come in from outside and it feels like a freezer.

Yeah I purposely MAKE my room cooler by opening the window to let in the subzero air in. Right now I am wearing 2 tshirts and a hoodie... soon i will have to put on my parka...:D

9mm, it donst really count unless you keep it open all winter, my point was the other 99% of the time when u keep the window closed. kinda like stability testing, its gotta be long term or its not worth it.

~RCTG

my window is open all winter (except for big snow storms with a northerly, found that out the hard way) abet not completely open, it is when i am benching or gaming tho.

summer is much better for me .my wife likes it mid/high 60's in summer but wants it to be 75ish in the winter.makes for a 5 to 6 degree difference which is not really a problem as long as i keep the dust under control

The snow has fallen.

Yeah... its bout -5C (outside) now, so my rooms temp is ~10C (rest of the house is ~19C). so i am wear a hoody and a touque. Go winter!

Back