• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory question on IC7-G

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, it will.
PC2700 will also work, as long as the memory either handle 200MHz, or you use a DRAM ratio.

Tirbyren said:
According to the specs on the mobo, it uses PC3200 (DDR400) ram, So will my PC3500 (DDR433) Ram work in it?

Yes it will even run 500 just won't pull what it's supposed to.

yes...even though it says it supports PC3200 it will also work with both highr and lower speed memory. Like my IC7 runs my PC2100 just fine. But it bottlekecks the tee-total hell out of my overclock. I just have it running at stock atm...untill I upgrade.

So your memory will run at whatever speed you put in.

Oh.. Well if I was interested in even higher speed, would it make sense to buy PC4000 ram? Or would the mobo be maxed out with the PC3500?

It all depends on wether or not you care about timings. PC4000 is made to run at high FSB...with lax timings. I'm not real sure how all this works though...memory is a complex subject and there are a lot of variables that play into overclokcing and overall performance. I can't even crack the surface of all this, as I am still in the process of learning myself. All I can suggest is to do some searching on here and around the web.

Maybe someone else can answer your question better then me.

Asking that last question in the "Memory" section of the forums might get you a answer faster and you might be able to get blessed with one of Larva's informative post. :D

This is a pretty good post to read to possiably understand the whole cpu - memory stuff:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=243805

Just don't ask "What memory is the best to buy" as this gets asked on a daily bases and really is hard to answer as there isn't just one "best" kind of ram to buy. To many factors play into it, such as timings, latency, divders, etc.

I have PC3000, PC3500, and PC4000 which all run on my IC7. Guess which does the best with the tightest timings and the least compatibility issues? The Kingston HyperX PC3000 because it has BH-5 chips.

Back