• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows XP badly screwed! HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfamousHindu

My computer works fine(well most of the apps) but some apps like Outlook, Playcenter, some games, are all starting the screw up now, I also get some errors upon booting up. I tried everythign from repairing, scandisk, uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work. Is there a way to re-install windows while preserving my current App settings(not windows) and my program files?

Yeha just choose upgrade when you go to reinstall windows. All that does is replaces the system files I believe. I have to do this myself sometimes when my PC starts acting up.

Yikes, no you want to chose the "repair" install option. Follow the prompts and select "repair" on the second round. Not the "repair console" which opens up a DOS window for the knowledgeable folks, but a later option that will 'repair' Windows and leave Apps and files intact.

Back