• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

confused ? ANyone have the i865 Maze4 Z chipset block ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

I ordered one of these but it doenst fit on my 8KNXP canterwood board. IM confused as when i look at the installation video thats available on teh danger den website, it shows that the block has the four metal brackets going into and hooking under these 4 clips that are sitting on teh motherboard. Now at the position of these clips I have 4 little squares of solder but no hooks or anything ?

can anyone please help ? Im runing out of ideas as to how to watercool my nb ??

cheers

heat sink was via 2 holes along teh diagonal ... nowhere near where these 4 holes were supposed to be

teh board is a gigabyte 8knxp, a canterwood board so therefore should be fine ?

i think gigabyte stayed with the older chipset heatsink attatchment which are the diagonal holes. im not positive, but i think the original z-chip block will fit on your board using these holes.

do the holes measure up to danger dens specs for the origianl z-chip: "Mounts on boards with Center to Center Hole distances ranging form 2.10" - 2.43"

zip22 said:
i think gigabyte stayed with the older chipset heatsink attatchment which are the diagonal holes. im not positive, but i think the original z-chip block will fit on your board using these holes.

do the holes measure up to danger dens specs for the origianl z-chip: "Mounts on boards with Center to Center Hole distances ranging form 2.10" - 2.43"

Your correct. The Dangerden Z chipset block will not work as the Z block attaches to the 4 Hooks on most 865/875 mobos.

3quarter.jpg

Contact Dangerden and tell them you need the hardware to mount your block for your configuration

zmb3_large.gif

http://www.dangerden.com/mall/blocks/zchipset.asp

you need the old style top and the metal mounting kit
i hope you're comfortable taking off the top and putting on a new one

Back