• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rust ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

any ideas where rust would come from

my system was full of it.... lining the pipies, teh waterblocks. Its all brass and copper i think .. no aluminium.

ive cleaned it all out but had to buy a new Maze4 gpu as teh old one had serious corrosion, like lumps gorged out of it and massive thick white hard deposits ???

It could likely be just dirty stuff comming out of the rad. Sometimes they arent too clean if they are used, sometimes they just might have some junk in them..

It sounds like your using hard water, no additives? those white deposits can often be mineral deposits.

Jon

yep.. i did use hard tap water for a while, also without any anti-corrosive

you live and learn i guess

I'd use anti-corrosion addictives even for all copper + plastic rig. Oxidasion of copper isn't someting unnatural.

And if water isn't distiled, there might be some mineral decay. Better get piece of that thing and look what it can be. WHatever it is, rig should rather be cleant, and if it's a rusty thing, some anti-corrosion stuff should help.

Back