• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats wrong with Threaded

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you know where i can get a barb from dtek then?

Also would the Via 1300 pump outperform the pump mentioned above? Does the Via 1300 require barbs for 1/2 " ID tubing?
Which pump out of the two would u choose?

If it was me getting I'd say get the VIA1300. YOu can get them from D-Tek with barbs already on it. Just remember to seal the housing so it won't leak.

The pictures are deceiving because the barb is 1/2" and using clamps isnt a issue since you need to use a female threaded barb.
I have the Quiet One 1200 and its a great pump. Its fairly quiet, but does get kinda warm. As far as barbs go, I bought brass ones since i couldnt find any plastic ones where I live. I took the brass barbs and some heavy grit snd paper and knocked down the threading in the barbs alittle till they felt like the fit smoothly.(the brass barbs I purchased were rather tight and seemed to cut into the plastic more than screw onto it) I then applied some thread tape and havent had any problems.
I was using a Swiftech mcp300 before this pump and feel like this was a good replacement.

Yep. You need 1/2" female NPT x 1/2" barb(s). The thread is on the inside of the barb's end instead of the outside. The picture is decieving, because that threaded end is 3/4" of an inch across, or 1/2" NPT.
To make sure you have the right ones, take the pump in the store with you.

I wish more pumps came this way, because it's much harder to damage the plastic by threading the barbs in too tightly.

Only 2-3 wraps of teflon tape is required, but I prefer to use silicone sealant instead.

If you get the retail version of the ViaAqua 1300 it comes with lots of specialty barbs. They are all plastic, but designed specifically for the 1300. Two of them are about 5/8" OD (1/2"ID) in size and those are the barbs I used in my system. It was a little difficult to get the 1/2" ID tubing on the barbs, but it worked out just fine for me. I have been running the system 7/24 for over two months without any problems.

If you check out the photos on this page you will see I started by trying out brass barbs, but I ended up going with the stock plastic Via barbs. I had trouble getting the brass barbs completely sealed.

http://webpages.charter.net/jim-decker/WaterCooled.htm

Good luck.

Heatsinkguy said:
Which pump out of the two would u choose?

If your wallet talks a lot you'll want to look at DrFosterSmith.com. They are having a sale on their Via line of pumps. Something like 35% off. Also I think I read about some cupon where you can get more knocked off. Google and see what you can find. Via 1300 for under 20 shipped is not bad at all.

Back