• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was this a good order?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heatsinkguy

Disabled
I just ordered:
Swiftech MCPW002-P - 60 with shipping from directron

Dtekcustoms.com
25 - Resvoir
24 - Via 1300 Pump
8 feet 1/2" ID tubing
10 Horse Clamps
47 Raditor and Shroud Combo
12 120mm Aluminium fan
That yellow stuff which costs 4 bucks

Atogether around 230 i think

Iam putting this in the p4 3ghz 800fsb cpu.
What temps should i expect? Also was this a good purchase? Like the pump? Any comments?

Im not sure how you got to a total of 230, but your stuff looks good. The pump and waterblock or good, but what kind of tubing and radiator did you get?

The Raditor was a combo deal from dtekcustoms.com..its basically a unpainted raidtor with a shroud.
I got clearflex 1/2" ID tubing...
Is this tubing good enuff without leaking?
Also anything i should know? iam a big newbie at watercooling.
Iam only securing the holes with zipties,horse clamps, and then iam wrapping tape around the hole. Is this okay?
Should i run the pump and res outside the case?

You put your tef tape on the thread it self not around the hole that it screws into. And make sure to clamp everything connection but not too tight as it can cut through the hose and it can also crack plastic.

I still think you shouldve went regular rad/tupperware shround but you already ordered.

Now just wait and be patient with your setup... atleast 24 hour of leak test

hehehehe.....is there a ever a possibilty of the tubes leaking. I just dont want to have any leaks because my comp is brand new 3ghz with motherboard

Heatsinkguy said:
hehehehe.....is there a ever a possibilty of the tubes leaking. I just dont want to have any leaks because my comp is brand new 3ghz with motherboard

I must appologize for pessimism but...

I think in WCing Murphys Law applies wheter you like it or not unless every single precaution is taken.

Pumps do fail, water leaks, things get fried, money gets spent...

1. You just have to becareful with your pump not to crack it or anything
2. Clamps on every single connection. Not too tight but enough to keep air/water out
3. Teflon tape on threads
4. LEAK TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did mine for 3 days to satisfy my self...

Follow those steps and you substantially decrease the chances that things will go wrong

Will normal tape do instead of teflon? If i put the nylon clamps together with zip ties and then tape around it, will it ever become loose again?
If i leave my pump and resvoir outside it will reduce chances of damage rite?

No teflon tape is for thread sealing.. Regular tape is for sticking

Nylong clamps and zipties will suffice. No need to put tapes to make it messy

Having pumps/res outside of your case will not reduce the chance that your pump will fail but if somehow ur res start to leak, pump starts to leak then, you will reduce the chance of coolant getting onto your components but you will not reduce the chance of frying your CPU because there wasnt enough water going through it

There is no way to fry my p4 because it will shutdown before it kills it self lol.

Where can i buy teflon tape and can u show me a picture of it?
What does suffice mean?
Nylong clamps and zipties will suffice<--good thing or bad thing?

Also will my system run cooler now that the cpu is being cooled be water and it wont exhuast any heat towards the system?
My NB temp goes to 42 celcius under heavy gaming, and my hardrive goes to 48 celcius under gaming and benchming.

I didnt get waterblocks for the nb or hardrive. Possible in the future for the hardrive though.

http://www.arbovirus.health.nsw.gov.au/areas/arbovirus/about/teflon_tape.jpg

look at the picture. I didnt want to direcly post the pic because of copyright n what not.

The system does run cooler and if you are worried about NB cooling, have a 40mm or any fan blow right over it... For me it substantially decreased the temperature of the block. I can touvh it now w/o thinking its burning

edit - Nylon tubing, ziptie will be good enough

That should be fine. Here's a good guide for the pump you got:
http://www.wc101.com/guides/ViaAqua/
As for the teflon tape you want to apply it in the same direction as the threads.;)
I was getting 55c on stock cooling with a 2.8@ 3.4. I'm getting 25/28c with water. You'll see a nice decrease in temps without a doubt.:D

Back