• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Passive cooling for Athlon XP 2000+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not passive, although the Zalman ZM6548BC-Cu can cool it no problem in silent mode.
http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/cnps3100P.htm

There is one for a Intel up to 2.8ghz

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Scythe___Other_Coolers_18.html

But I dont know anything about it. I have the zalman heatsink in the first link on a 2200+ and its overclocked. (150fsb) (its not in silent mode, its halfway between normal and silent)
If it wasnt overclocked, it would be fine in silent, and you woudlnt be able to hear it.

I want completely silent, my heatsink I have now will run in low RPM mode and is almost near silent, but I want no fans if possible, less dust and just passively cooled. Any other ideas?

I don't think it is possible w/the sinks that are on the market to run an AMD system passively...unless you get say a 1700+ that can undervolt like mad and you have a reaally big HS.

The 1700+ Tbred 'B's I think, some of them, have been able to go a bit under there stock voltage, thus moving their wattage output down. I think :D

Fold and Frag on
Brian

my friend ran a 1700+ @ 1500+ @ 1.1v with just a big old alum. heatsink.. yet, he still had a case fan (loud one to add) which seemed to work fine. but u still need some kind of air flow inside the case.
heat will just keep adding up and the thing melts.

Consider external water cooling with a a large low speed fan ;-)

Right now I have everything sitting in an open air box, getting ready to make a custom case for it. Im thinking about a completely designed from the ground up ducting system, also I will direct all the air in the case and use the G5 MAC idea and section off all the areas for the best possible cooling. Honestly the loudest thing in my computer is the harddrive, damn IBM Deathstar is loud!

If you want to avoid dust just have more fans blowing in than you have blowng out, and have fan filters over all your fans, this way dust wont be getting sucked through all the little cracks in your computer.

Back