• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help with components...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

ok took me 3 months of saving up my lunch moeny and now i finally have 151 dollar. can you guys like tell me whats the best equip i can get with this amount of money and what not ? i'm also like a super newbie in this water cooling thing here

yes 240sx i live clsoe to lowes and i can take my dad's car there sort of finds can i get there can you list some stuff down ? btw i have my old chevy core with some damage/broken fins can i reuse that btw how can i mount new barbs on those..

Ok as for your heatercore, as long as the damage isnt extensive to cause leaks it should be ok... you could straighten out the fins. Not a biggie. And you do not need to put on new babrs as you can boil the tube and shove over it. Some people cut the barb shorter and some people dont...

Since you are tight on money....
CPU: Maze 4
Pump: Mag 3
fill/bleed: t-line (home depot)
tubing: home depot 1/2ID, 1/8"thickness and test it to see it does not kink, teflon tape might be nice, metal clamps

edit - on the second thought... go with SwiftyMCW5002 a lil bit more but lot better

Last edited:
what about dtek and stuff they got bunch of refurbs heheh anything on there recommended?

Back