• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a pump that will fit in a 5 1/2 drive bay.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I am on my second swiftech MCP300 pump and it is making alot of noise. The noise is a grinding/gravely type of noise. I think its gonna give out. This pump is a RMA for the last one that gave out on me and its only 3 weeks old. I need a trustworthy replace ment for it and one that I can hook up to the swifteck "fill & bleed" kit.

Thanks bros, krag

I have 3 but 1 is taken up with my cd burner. So I have 2 left to stuff my pump & bleed hose assembly in. Right now I have the mcp300 $ bleed assembly in the last 2 drive bays. I have all of this crammed into a Vapochill PE case...I am almost out of room. I probably will be when I install my Mean Well psu.

Is there any other place to put the pump?

If not, I'd check out one of those mini-eheims that I saw a while ago.

They aren't cheap though. My Via aqua 1300 is small, but I'm not sure if I'd reccomend it for reliability.

DAng it! The noise is getting worse and my temps have risen 3c. This thing is gonna die any minite. That means a couple hours of work...taking apart my h2o setup and taking off my tweakmonster ramsinks and putting the stock hsf on it. MAN! I think I'm gonna shut it down and strip everything down!!!!!

I am thinking there is something else wrong besides his pump...2 pumps dead already? how my EHEIM 1048 would fit in the space he is talking about quiet easily....sounds as if he is getting air trapped inside the pumps impellers though that makes a hell of alot of noise and moves no water..thus his temp increase :)

Thats it no more piddly pumps...I just ordered the swifty mcp 600. I'll just stuff in the bottom of the case between the hard drives and the vid card. I just backed my oc down to default and the temps went down.

I wonder if it will make until the new pump comes?

FizzledFiend said:
I am thinking there is something else wrong besides his pump...2 pumps dead already? how my EHEIM 1048 would fit in the space he is talking about quiet easily....sounds as if he is getting air trapped inside the pumps impellers though that makes a hell of alot of noise and moves no water..thus his temp increase :)

I might believe it but for the fact that there are no bubbles in the lines when it is running or when it is off.

Besides its a totaly closed circuit and I took great care in bleeding it out when I filled it last.

I bet its like riding a roller coaster eh? Yea stock settings would be nice JUST incase.. And also, Im sure your doing this but, make sure to stay by your computer as long as its on.

GL.. hopefully, you will find more luck with MCP600

I have the pump from HELL!

It just made a loud "BZZZZZZZRRRRRRRR" noise and then calmed down for a little bit. It now seems to be getting a little louder again.

Yeah you can bet I will be close to my rig when its on.

mat6704AMD said:
Update us on how the new swifty mcp600 works, i am thinking about getting one for my dualie setup and I need a pump with some good pressure and relibility

Will do bro! I am hoping for some better temps from it. Don't know though since its only a 160gph pump.

the mcp600 is only 160gph? that doesnt really make a big difference because the pressure is just awesome. The specs in general are awesome of that pump.

Jon

Just my 2 cents.

I got the same temps from my Hydor L20 as I am getting from my ViaAqua 1300. Thats what, 180 gph vs 380 gph.

Edit: MBM5 might also be a good choice, if you dont already have it.

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, its been 4 days now and everything is good. My pump stopped making the noise and it has been doing a good job. My temps are back to what they were before the noise problem. The grinding/gravely noise has completly stopped. It stopped 3 days ago. After thinking about it now for a few days...I think now that it might have been bubbles after all???

But I have a heater core coming and a new pump as well as the new Swifty fill & bleed set. I guess i will have to sell my "old" stuff in the classifieds.:D

Back