• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Diamond heat properties"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

I know i saw a thingy somewhere, comparing copper, silver and diamonds abileties as heat transfer agents.. but, offcours, once i learned that diamonds beat the rest i simply put that in memory, and forgot about where i saw it.. now i have goten my self in to a "argument" where someone claims im wrong, and i need that darn info again.. anyone knows where i could find it?

Thanks guys, for the best PC oriented forum not in my native language...*- )
B!

um, not exacly what i looked at the last time, i looked at something that gave copper a value of 400 and aluminium from 200 and up a bit depending on what it was mexed with..

But for the time being this will have to do, great thanks for the really fast response, your great!
B!

IMOG - one school gives one data, other - other.
This way you also tell that data from mse.arizona.edu is wrong (directory "classes" indicates that some ppl might get disinformed)

My mistake was that I assumed it a reliable source. Thermal conductivity depends on temperature of conductor, but rather not so much.

Anyway till some reliable tests are made, I'll try not to discuss this issue. One chart tells that other is wrong.

Another thing - maybe both sites give good data? It might be similiar to infamous CuSil - where thermal conductivity was very dpeendant on its structure - once giving better than silver, once not much better than alu, depending mostly on manufacturing.

This way we could assume that pure diamond has far better conductivity than unperfect, but for this we need some scientific proofs.

thanks guys... i still havent got the exact same list, and i have still not the same values, but i think the guy will have to give in anyway :- )

B!

Back