• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps rising over long time.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kttdkt

I first got the idea to build my watercooling system a while back, maybe a year ago. I remember seeing my cpu temps in bios at around 32*C. This wasn't that low in the first place. After noticing, about a week ago, that the temperatures were at about 42*C I decided to clean my watercooling system. I changed the water, added new anti-freeze, cleaned out all of the dust, and reinstalled it. But still 42*C with default settings in bios. I can figure out why they are so high, especially with watercooling. I have a:

86'Accord Heatercore with 2x 80mm fans (low cfm) on shroud
Maxijet 2100? (Its 295gph), in weightgainer tub (about 1 gallon)
Maze 2 waterblock

I really want to decrease temps because I used to have my 1700+ T-bred B at 2.2ghz. Ive considered going into peltier cooling, but I'm on a tight budget. I know that you have to seal socket holes and mobo around the cpu area. And have a strong power supply and the peltier itself. I also need to add a coldplate to my Maze2 which doesn't have one, or any holes to attach one.
But what components do you think I should add to my current watercooling system lower the temps? THNX.

lol, like i posted above... i did this over a year ago and rarely visied the forums after i completed it. maybe u could give me a link because i dont even what that stuff is.

More airlfow over the rad wuld help alot.

I'd try to have atleast 60cfm worth of fans on it.

Is the mag3 really nessesary, because the pump I have now is about 300gph and the mag3 is only 350. for the 40$ I think I can stay with the maxijet. But is that waterblock going to make a 12-22*C difference? The heatercore I have isnt in good shape since its an 86', I think that would make the biggest difference.

Go for a chevette heatercore and a 120mm fan witha shroud.

If that doesn't help much, try a new block, it could very well make a big difference.

The mag3 has like 2.5x the pressure of most pumps. My Via Aqua 1300 has 370gph, but only 4' of head, the mag has like 10'. That means the if you turned both of them on, the via would get your face wet and the mag would punch a hole in your roof.

The chevette is a good sized heatercore that will fit in many large mid towers like the antec, chenming, chieftec, etc...

A heatercore is better than a radiator because its copper. Its got aluminum on the outside, but non of it touched the water. Also, the chevette is just the right height to fit in the fron of most peoples cases if you take the lower harddrive rack out. Fits perfectly in mine.

Have you check your water block mount? Maybe it isn't tight. Check it again. If your old temp was 32C and you haven't change anything, then the temp shouldn't change. Unless, one of your components has gone haywired.

If you do decide to change, go with the WW first. www.logiccooling.com has a copper top for the WW if you don't like the lucite or the aluminum top that www.dtekcustom.com offer. Secondly, change the heater core and go with 2x120mm Panaflo http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...=62&manufactory=1560&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1 or http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/fan-18.html. Stay with the pump since you seem fine with it. If not, go with the Swiftech MCP600 Water Pump
http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/process.html.

Good luck and keep us posted.

This happens to me ALL THE TIME
its the thermal goop!
i have to change mine every now or then too
when i used to use AS3, i changed every 3 months!! or temps would go up to 40s.
every now and then my friends call me up too asking for goop (i have a large supply)
i guess when its subjected to heat for a long time, the synthitic oilly stuff moves out to the edges of the core (or in ur case, heatspreader) leaving crap behind which doesn't do a good job of transfering heat.

Sneakytermite said:
Good idea Korndog. I haven't thought of that. Wow, I learned something new today.

Its good to be cheap??
thats me.. :-D
(i refuse to buy stuff if i can't fix it, like my Gemini waterblock cracked in 3 different places and glue didn't seem to help, then i replaced it)

I remember that when I ordered my maze2 that I selected 1\2" barbs and they sent me a 3\8" one. I'm using it now and it works fine. But I think that, that might be restricting waterflow. I want to get a new one, like the WW but that has 3 barbs on it... I only want to cool my processor, so what do I do with the other one?

It has 1 inlet and 2 outlets. It works better that way. What you need to do is get a Y fitting to bring them back into 1 hose.

Back