• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Curious Bug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

I have windows XP pro and under the My PC properties box it says:
Registered To: Not You, No Longer.

What SHould i do ????

Me, myself and I. Before the win 2k had my name on it, thats why Im so ticked at this bug.

I did a google search of "Not You, No Longer" and found a thread on a german site about the same thing.

I got all my stuff on my file server so Im just gonna reformat and reinstall windoze after trying to snuff this out with Norton AV

you don't need to format and reinstall windows to fix this particular problem

all you need to do is to download a program such as xteq and change whatever name you want there

TEN-FOUR: put in norton AV and in effect there was a virus on board. then after doing the virus thing and regedit still no joy!

I have been of the few that always thought virus are BS.
WELL I STILL THINK THE SAME!!

After running Norton Virus Killer with all the last minute definitions downloaded (my new gygabyte board has it included in the utilities) MSFS 9 still did not run.

I am reformating and reinstalling !@@#$#$ MS XP just to get along with my life and not wasting weeks and months trying to make a dying OS come back to life.

I had enough of that kinda BS when I was a MACINTOSH user!!

Last edited:
Well, I got the virus out, it was called the Infi bug, as listed in Norton AV. And after the whole 9 yards the one game I play (MSFS) still wont run. All my other apps run just fine. LIFE IS NOT FAIR!

anvil82 said:
When are people going to learn anti-virus products are just plain necessary these days.

Most likely when we get our first virus ;) , haven't had antivirus software in probably 3+ years, not sayin' it's smart, it just hasn't been an issue. Like when I shoot myself in the foot, THEN i'll learn to keep the chamber under the hammer empty. However, were I using p2p software antivirus would become priority:eek:
elec.tron

Not a problem if you pack a GLOCK.

Back to the main topic, I have been running the Norton software which came with my MoBo (Internet Security version) for at least for now till imake shure all the bugs are whacked, and the part which alerts you everytime some App wants to phone home is sweet.

I am not crazy about the slowdown in running my mail app (O-Xpress) so Ill probably take it off anyway sometime soon.

Anybody know if the firewall part of this software any good? I already have some kinda firewall included in my router hardware, so is this second installment overkill?

Last edited:
Back