• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling layout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fallen Phoenix

I just found out my girlfriend got me a Swiftech CPU waterblock for x-mas to help me get started on this watercooling project I've been pondering for a few months now. So I get to looking in my case, and I have no idea how I will fit all this stuff in there. I have 2 five and a quarter bays filled, a FDD and a HDD.

Here's a quick photoshop of the bays that will be filled. I'll replace it with a pic of my system as it is now when I get my camera back.

CaseSide.jpg

Post up side pictures of your watercooling rig, maybe we can get it stickied so watercooling newbs like me can have some ideas.

man.. wish my girlfriend could get me a waterblock for christmas...
then again, i wish i had a girlfriend in the first place.. doh

Nice GF you have there... My gf is against me spending too much time on it... go figure... but newayz theres a HUUUGE thread on pics of peoples rigs so I suggest you used that magic button

Yea she's one in a million, how come it's not stickied?!?!? I demand stickiniess! Or at least a tiny little green suited man to type the search in for me.:D

man i have the same problem, i just got a complete water cooling system, (i havnt told my girlfriend yet, she will say its a waste of money), they say it fits into a mini tower, i think they are full of it, i think i need tower, or make my own box and sit it beside it

You could cut the top of the case and bolt the heatercore up there. The pump could find down at the bottom right, in the HD cages. Waterblock...well, goes on the CPU. Duh. Let's see...if you really wanted a reservoir instead of a T-Line, then you could use a bayres.

Pump would probably go in the lower right, I will be using a bay res, the only problem is where it the rad going to go? I'd like to use a 2 fan rad since I'll be cooling GPU, CPU and NB.

I found that thread Sneaky, it helped a little but my case has crappy air inlets on the lower right (in my pic). I need some ideas on where and how to mount the rad on the outside of the case. Maybe mount it vertical, like a dorsal fin for the case.

Back