• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling my watercooling ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

I have an idea.... in an effort to gain yet another few degrees temp drop ive decided to design a system, a second watercooling loop that watercools my original watercooling system.

I will be encasing all my tubing in large 2" diam plumbers copper piping and have water running through this. I also intend to put my eheim 1250 in a large metal box that contains water from this 2nd watercooling system and maybe i can find a way to encase my WW half inside another container that has water flowing through it.

any suggestions ? I reckon it could work well

i suppose i could see the benefit if your watercooling loop was actually overloaded. but seeing as how the outlet from your rad to the waterblock should be right around room temp anyway, i don't really see what you hope to acheive. People tend to forget that watercooling can only do so much. That so much being ambient water temps leaving the rad. If you want better than that u will need to consider extreme cooling. Phase change, or a peltier setup.

my 2.

J.

Since you have an external system (or plan to) I'd just get a larger radiator.
Cascading with water cooling doesn't gain you anything but the added heat from yet another pump in the system, thus each tier in the cascade would have (slightly) more heat to shed than the one before it. Each tier would thusly require a larger radiator than the one before it just to break even.
Watercooling would be a more efficient way of cooling the first loop, but then your'e still stuck with aircooling the second loop, and back at the same point. Watercooling can't get below the temp of the air cooling it without some sort of bong/evaporation.

Now if you're talking about building a bong and keeping the two watersystems seperate, go for it! Winter's here, and it's dryer than a popcorn fart inside. Some evap cooling would work great.

Have fun, bud!

......im new at wc'ing.....but i seem to know, that putting a copper pipe over a plastic tube, does nothing for heat transfer :p

now, if it was copper plumbing to begin with, and you put 2" tubing over that, and ran water around the copper, you would get more heat dispersion..........

dont know about the rest, im still a n00b heh

Back