• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU fans not doing much...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

My first case with many fans. Enlight PSU with two fans. But there are already two rear case fans both sucking out huge amounts of air. But that apparently doesn't leave much for the PSU I guess. Three input fans, two in front, one in the side blowing on the cards. So, I would think the PSU fans should be blowing more out than is the case. Would it be better to disable one rear fan and let the PSU get more work? It must get pretty hot.

did you remove the "grill" infront of the 2 front fans?

maybe it would be wise to slow one of the exhausts down a bit... but if your temps are fine, dust is your only enemy id say :)

I have a entermax 350 psu and it does the same thing its not moving mutch air and it has 2 fans also but its not the ajustable one are urs ajustable??
I have 3 side 80mm and 2 rear 80mm and my psu (YA YA PPL I KNOW IM CHANGING THE SETUP ASAP 120mm fans at low rpms filterd is the way!!)

so if its ajustable then just turn it up and make shure u cut out all the factory grills and use some ones from a store it gives way more air flow but use filters use thenm now or ull reget it i did now i have to clean my case ah only if i would have used filters

The PSU fans are not adjustable AFAIK. I will add filters (I followed that thread and figure to cut up some dish washing pad stuff or air conditioner filters). I have not cut the grills off yet. I'll try that also. That could have the added benefit of being quieter if air doesn't have to squeeze through little holes. And it shouldn't need a grill since the front of the case covers it anyway. It's not a brand of case that I've seen before. Something like UNEEC. But I liked it right off at the PC Fair and took it home.

My cats really love the box it came in! It's already in tatters.

lol, syberspy, please try to use commas and dots, so your sentences are a bit easier to read :)

removing the fan grills doesnt just remove a lot of noise, it also gives you better airflow..

filters are a good idea, and almost anything can be used for that.
from panty hose to AC filter :)

Panty hose. I think cutting up air conditioner filters will result in less hot air produced. Less noise also.

Back