• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time set up done. Need advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apd

Registered
I finally got all the parts and put the pc together.

Here is my config:

F150 heater core, 120mm fan with shroud.
Swifty MCW5002, E1250 pump, clear flex tubing, diy res, 90% distilled water and 10% zerex. AS3 was used as thermal paste.

Pc config: Abit,IC7-G, 2.4C, 80GB Barracuda, 9700 pro.

Here are the temps I am getting:
Room: 25C
Water/coolent : 27C
cpu at start and idle (using speed fan) : 37C
cpu after 40 min prim95: 43C

Are these temps ok? I had the intel stock HSF on before and did a lot of scrubbing using Qtips and isopropyl alcohol (90%) before applying the AS3. The coolent temp in the res goes up as the CPU temp goes up.

Also when I run the prim95 and set the priority in the advanced option to 10, the cpu usage did not go above the 50% mark during the first 2 tests. I stoped it after 40 minutes. Should't the cpu used be 100%?

Am I missing something?

APD

at which point are you mesureing your water temp in the system? that seems far to great of a difference to be doing the job right, i would go ahead and check/re-seat the block and make sure none of your flow's get'n cut of where it shouldn't, and it's always nice to have a bigger inlet to the pump than the outlet it, sometimes having the same with the amount a block and otherthings can cut your flow down will cause slight cavitation of the pump which equals bad flow.

I have a thermometer that I have put through the lid of the res.

I will try reseating. I did not realise how much pressure is needed to seat the block. It was moving as I was trying to fix the other side of the swifty.

Do you think as the AS3 settles, the temps will drop a notch?

Thanks,

APD.

Back