• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cyrix_2k

Laptop cooling (cool blower fan thing too + heatpipe)

Currently, there's a thermal pad on an ?aluminum? plate that a heatpipe runs through. Then the heatpipe goes to a rad with a fan blowing on it. Is this sufficent cooling for a 1.3 ghz celly? Anything I can do to improve the cooling? Thanx, cyrix

Pic:
lappy.txt

A better pic hosted off my own machine :D I just set up apache!
COOL.JPG

Last edited:
That looks like decent cooling. Its better than may laptop coolers i've seen. Im sure it will be fine, just put some artic silver on it, maybe lap it.

Ok, I'm going to apply some generic (ouch!) thermal grease for the time being as I ran out of AS3 :(. Should I be worried about the thermal grease because of the vibration laptop's are subject too, though?

It's about 60mm and draws air from both sides. I can feel a good deal of air being pushed, but you may want to undervolt it as i has a "whine" to it. Personally I think you should go for it. You ecen get a heatpipe set-up as a bonus. If it's not what you need, I'd guess you could sell it on e-bay.

also, the thing it's sitting on a little to the left "labeled panasonic is a 3 1/2in floppy. The thing the blower is sitting on is a PC Card slot. The red thing in the background is a Radioshack desoldering bulb. That should give you an idea of big it is.

If you email him, try to get it cheaper than his listed price as that thread's 3 months old and he'll probably be willing to drop the price.

Back