• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU & Water temperature measure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yoha

Hello, i'm wondering which method gives the most accurate temperature reading. 1) Easytune4 from gigabyte 2)temperature probe touching the edge of core 3) Speedfan.

Also, I'm running swiftec 8501a kit with D-tek pro radiator,
I don't have reservoir how do i measure water temperature?
thanks

Wilson

The temp probe will give you more accurate temps. If you want water temp you could feed a probe down your T-line and secure it so it dips into the flowing water. I'm not sure if those probes can be submerged though.

thanks for the fast reply, another thing i want to ask is that in my mb bios it displays my current cpu temperature but it is different than the readings from temperature probe. Is there something wrong with my bios? I'm using Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2
thanks

Wilson

There is nothing wrong with your bios. The motherboard sensors usually read off of the CPU socket temp which won't be the same as the CPU core temp. Basically all motherboard temp readings are off from the actual CPU temp. The probe touching the CPU core will be more accurate.

Back