• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooled 64bit sys. Help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rojin

Hey guys, sorry in advance, but I'm going to ask a redundant question that I have been researching but I am running out of time.
I know these questions have been answered many times on the forums, but I am in a rush to order the parts required to build a water cooled system so I can build it while I'm home from Europe on vacation and then bring it back with me.
I was looking at kits, but I am a BYO person at heart, however, being a WC noob means I don't know what I'm doing. I am planing on basing the system on a Asus SK8N Socket940 ATX Motherboard with Dual DDR400, USB2.0 & 1394a, SATA RAID, AGP8X, 6ch Audio w/ SPDIF. -ds and the new AMD 64 bit prossesor. The problem I'm having is I dont know how to go about chosing a good case and WC parts. Other parts I plan on using include (exept the case which I dont think will work): Lian Li med tower case (might be to small), a radeon 9700, and a WD 80 HD with 8mb catch. I havent decided what memory would be best but I would like atlease 1g. So, what do I do now?! :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated - rojin

sounds like you are ready to spend some money!! If you have room in your budget, try to get the Lian Li PC-70 or PC-75 case. It is big full tower case with all the room you will need. You will have to make sure you get registered mem since you are going the Optron route.

As for water cooling it, I am running a A64 rig & I am using the RBX cpu block with a L30 pump, thermochill 120.2 rad and a bay res.

hey, thanks for the advise, I'll see what I can do about finding the goodies. I was planing on ordering them from directron.com? Does anyone know of a better place or not think dt is any good?

Rokk1972 said:
sounds like you are ready to spend some money!! If you have room in your budget, try to get the Lian Li PC-70 or PC-75 case. It is big full tower case with all the room you will need. You will have to make sure you get registered mem since you are going the Optron route.

As for water cooling it, I am running a A64 rig & I am using the RBX cpu block with a L30 pump, thermochill 120.2 rad and a bay res.

what temps you getting with the RBX on the A64?

Regarding Directron

I get lots of computer equipment from Directron. If it's a mainboard, cpu, etc I go Newegg. If it's fans and other misc things like fan grills and some of the harder to find cases that newegg no longer stocks I go Directron. They had the best price on the Evercool alum fans when I assembled my WC rig. Recently ordered 3 panaflo L1As because they have the tails as an option and they have black wire fan grills.

just one bit of advice here, and its unrelated, but:

pop ur heatspreader

i've got a pair of athlon754'a now and popping the heatspreader on one of em' has done some serious wonders

e.g. 34 celcius idle and ~37? load with REALLY bad case ventilation running on a k8n-nxp and a zalman 7ka-alcu

so, in conclusion, the heatspreader needs to go

makes a 5 degree celcius difference at least

Back