• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bleeding bayres

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necromanx13x

I just got my new watercooling setup yesterday and Im having some trouble bleeding all the air out of the bayres. There are a few small bubbles just floating around in it that dont want to come out. Is there any easy way of getting these bubbles out or are they just not a problem since theyre just staying in the res and not entering the tubing at all?

having a small air pocket in the bay res isn't a problem, unless the bubbles are able to be "sucked" into the input line to the pump. if that is the case, then you should do something about it, but if it isn't doing that then you are fine.

Yeah, if found the same thing with my old Bayres.

It really bothere me, and I couldn't get all the air out despite several clever attempts. For a while I just left it, but the aire bubbles were driving me crazy, because I felt that they could possiby get sucked into the circuit.

In the end I used a piece of tubing, and a barbed fitting to make an "extension" of the reservoir, and bled it that way. When you are doing that though, you are basically making a Tee-line with the Rez as the Tee, kinda pointless. My new Rez is a cannister shape, which also has air trapped in it - but the air is way up at the top where there is *no* chance of it getting pulled into circuit, as the outtake nozzle is at the very bottom.

I would just try to ignor it if I were you, it is unlikely that it will cause any problems.

Reservoir was "invented" to remove bubbles from circuit.
Basically, outlets should be deep enough not to suck air. If res doesn't allow such thing - it's just bad. Eventually, if only it's possible with your res, you can try to mod lines going out to start in lower parts of res..

Like i said in the first post, the bubbles arent entering the system at all, they are just annoying to look at floating around in the top of the res.

Back