• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

w00t got my first OPERATIONAL watercooling rig up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

i say operational because a little under a year ago i tried out watercooling and while it worked for a few weeks it ended up failing miserably.... long story

anywho i had some extra cash and decided to try it gain. now i have a working watercooling system. here are the parts:

DTEK Rad with 80CFM Aluminum Fan hooked up to a fanbus
DTEK Spiral (purched for a meager $20 at tiger direct)
Dtek NB Block
Eheim 1250 pump
DTEK Bay Res

i love the res it was so much easier to fill the thing up than the T line i attempted at using last year.... even tho i realize it is competly uneccesary and what some would consider a waste of $30, i found it to be worth every penny cause all i had to do was just pour water in it and everything just worked first time!

anywho here is a pic... i have a Lian Li PC70.... gonna mod it with a window when i have a chance

Attachments

• watercooling 007small.jpg
    watercooling 007small.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 225
ya i could never get the zalman thing to be perfectly straight so i just said f it..... the thing still does its job and makes 100% contact with the gpu and everything so it doesnt make any difference

the only bad thing is that the CPU cooling only got me 50mhz extra....

i dont have the best of luck with cpus

got a barton 2500 and i cant get it to 2.4 at all

however since this is a future investment as well it is nice to be able to run 2.0v

the NB cooler did wonders tho! i previously can only get 225mhz on the board.... i thought it was the ram crappin out... i am now runnin 230mhz! no vdd mod or anything

anvil82 said:
Is it me or does your zalman video card cooler look crooked?
Ye ;) Tho its offtopic :p

Anyway, are you saying you use 80mmm fan to cool that rad?

Hows the temp?

I agree with you that res make it easier to setup..:) I will try T line sometime soon tho just to see if its worth it .

MameXP,

not 80mm fan 80CFM 120mm aluminum fan

while the temp sensor on the board is messed up, i know that it is in the low 40's at 2300mhz with 1.9v which is pretty good for all of the watts and voltage

how do i calculate the wattage of the cpu?

the cpu right now is at 10x230 with 1.9v

i attempted everything i could think of to fix that kinkbut the NB and CPU are to close together so other than running a tube through a tube out the case and back in it i cant do anything about it

Go up to your local hardware store and get them to make you a copper U. It wont hurt flow much and will kill the kink.

Yep, wrapping that kink in a spiral of wire will get out the kink too.
Zip ties also work to keep the tubing round.

The first one is from the department of redundency department :D

Back