• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SP-94 mouting compatible with SLK-900?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I just ordered a ThermalRight SP-94 and was wondering if the mouting is compatible with the SLK-900?

The reason I'm asking is because I don't feel like ripping out the motherboard to reinstall a new heatsink.

Since the mounting holes are generic on the motherboards, I would assume that I can just unscrew the SLK-900 and screw the SP-94 in place of the SLK-900.

The SP-94 HS,requires removal of mobo to install the X bracket
on the backside of mobo to support the wieght of these fine
devices.I'm not sure on the SLK-900 but the SP-94 has to be
supported with the X bracket.There is no easy way out.
THE FANMAN:cool:
PS: Make sure you print out a install sheet .They don't come with the HS's :D

XJ said:
the slk-900 uses the x-plate...

That's what I mean. I'm just wondering if they use the same X-Plates. If they do then I can simply swap them out.

I mean, just to clarify, I currently have the SLK-900 on my mobo with the X-Plate. Since the mounting holes are in the same place obviously, I don't see why I can't simply remove the SLK900 and attach the SP94.

Unless they use different sized screws or something, but I really doubt it.

I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Oh cool,You should be in good shape. Just remember to hold the stand offs so they dont back out of the X plate..Hold the stand off with a small wrench,them loosen the screws with the springs on them.Remove and replace.:D THE FANMAN:cool:

Yeah, I had to do that when I moved to retaining clips to the higher holes to accomodate for the thick 92mm tornado fan.

I hope it works.

Back