• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a Good RAM tester program? help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Falseprophet

I just purchased a lot of bulk ram that should be good but I need to test and verify that it is good before I can sell it or use it in computers that I build to sell to people. Can someone make a few sortware recomendations? please help ps. almost all is pc133 or 100
some simm's

Well there's the standard burn-in tests, but none of them focus as specifically on memory as Memtest. I've used it as well, and IMO it's one of (if not the) best program for memory testing. :)

JigPu

Just curious, when you guys run Memtest, do you leave the tests it runs as Standard or change the configuration to All? I've found more than once All picked up errors that didn't show up in Standard. The only issue with running All was that it takes around 1-3hrs on my 8RDA+, while Standard takes 10-20mins.

Tipycol

The extended tests are supposed to pick up much more subtle errors, and normally (by me anyway) aren't used. They're great for making sure that RAM isn't a problem if you're not sure though :)

Also, I've heard that looping just test #5 is supposed to make your RAM hotter than any of the other tests. That could help show heat related RAM problems.

JigPu

Back