• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First timer update: Please advise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

apd

Registered
I was not getting good temps and so I reset the block.

I have a ic7, 2.4C, swifty 5002, E1250, heater core with 120mm fan sucking air and shrouded. AS3

I still get bad temps. The res temp is 27C, room is 27 and the cpu idle is 37.50 - 38C.

As I start prim95, the cpu reaches 44C after 4 hrs and the res temp goes up to 30-31C. I think 10 to 17C above res temp is bad.

As I was resetting the swifty I noticed 3 to 4 straches on the base. These were not there when it arrived or when I was mounting it the first time. They must have got there as I was struggling to put the tight retention thingies. could they be the cause, they are very small and superficial I could not feel them with my nail.

I used 90% isopropyl alcohol to clean the base and the IHS. The IHS had the stock tim melted into it. I tried to clean that with Qtips.

sould I lap the base and the IHS? How much AS3 should I apply?

Thanks for your patience guys. It is because of this forum that I have got so far and I want to thank all the posters.

APD

did just that, or tried to. It is not easy but I am getting there. How much over res temp do you think should I get?

APD

Heh I'm using a dtek ww, mag 3, and bigass heatercore, and I get about 50 load.

I have a 2.4c @ ~3.2, and ic7.

System temp is ~31. I have 7v the 120mm Panaflos M1A (2 in, 1 out).

Maybe when I change the water over winter break, I'll try lapping the WB. I don't care too much as its completely stable, and very quiet.

Yep, the problem is the IC7-Max3..... It does not realy messure the temps, but calculates them, with a large safety margin!
Your temps are about 10 degrees lower..

If it is realy 50c, your WW should feel hot.

Back