• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

865 vs 875 Chipset: Whats The Difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onizuka

I been searching for this answer but cant find it anywhere. What is the difference between the 865 and 875 chipsets. I'd like to get the Abit AI7 or Asus P4P800-Deluxe. Some ppl have told me to avoid them since they got the 865 chipset, but from reviews I have read they suppost to be really good boards.

the PAT technology is one of 'em .. but speedwise, both chipsets work just as fast at the same speed, and some mobo manufacturers include their own version of PAT technologies on the i865-based mobos they have .. Asus P4P800DLX is one example.

However, 875-based chipset usually overclock a bit higher.

I was under the impression that the chipsets were being binned. The boards that had better performance were turned into 875's and the slower ones were 865's (kind of like P4C's having their multi's set). That being said, the 875's will perform better overclocked (theoretically).

OH well, I wont be using registered memory =).
Now I just gotta choose between the P4P800Dlx and the AI7 =/

Back