• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

do my temps sound right??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Have you made any changes to the system? You do have a top notch HS and high cfm fan on the CPU.Could these be true temps?
How long has the Hs been on the CPU? Perhaps the TIM has cured.What type of TIM did you use?Are the ambient temps lower than normal? Sorry to ask so many Q's,but I dont have much to work with here.Dont take this wrong.:D but ppl have been know to not use a TIM (thermal interface material).So I have to ask to know! THE FANMAN:cool:

Which BIOS are you using? The BIOS that my board came with reported about 10C too low. Flashing will get you some closer-to-correct temp readings.

What fsb/vcore are you running? Also (like archilochus asked) how cold is it in the room the pc is in? If your ambients are around 15C, and you have good air flow in your case, I wouldn't be surprised if the temps were that low. Otherwise, I might consider what CamH is saying in that the motherboard is reporting lower than actual temps.

Tipycol

ok right now im running sissoft sandra and the temps are 23c case and 39c cpu..i have asc5 and a lapped slk900a and4 case fans.

Im running 200fsb at 1.7v

the room temp depends if i open the window or not if i do the casee temps can go down to 15c

also would flashing my bois help me oc?? btw its a rev. 2

yea has alot to do with room temp lol
today when i woke up my cpu temp was like im not kiding 20*C lol but my pilot light on my heater went out and well i live in Canada alberta so you can imagine how cold it was the house was down to like 15*C its self lol

POL-tec2002 said:
ok right now im running sissoft sandra and the temps are 23c case and 39c cpu..i have asc5 and a lapped slk900a and4 case fans.

Im running 200fsb at 1.7v

the room temp depends if i open the window or not if i do the casee temps can go down to 15c

also would flashing my bois help me oc?? btw its a rev. 2

Wow I wish my case temps would get that low. Don't think I'd be happy with the overall room temp tho ;)

About the bios, you should check out this thread LINK
There are a few people discussing which bios is best for overclocking. Like most things with in this area you'd have to try each yourself...what might work for someone might not work for you and vice versa.

Tipycol

Back