• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the difference between.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtc4u

The thermaltake silent boost K8 hsf and the Venus 12 hsf? Is it just the fans or actual heatsink design? I'm riding 60C idle with the silent boost hsf on my dual opteron 240s and I need something better so i can drop these temps a bit.

What kind of case temps do you have? What happens if you take the door off and shot a fan in it? It could be effecting the high temps at the processor.Just a couple of thoughts.
THE FANMAN:cool:

Check out the specs of each. The silent boost is made for, as its name implies, silent cooling and therefore puts out much less cfm than the venus 12 which is made more for overclocking and the like.

venus

I realize that but I want to know if there is anything different between the heatsink part. I know the fans are different for noise reasons but what about the copper HS itself.

My system temp indicates 38C case side on or off so i have good flow through the case I just have a really warm Office. Because of both my dual CPU rigs and other electronic equip in my office my normal temps range high 70F to lower 80s.

The heatsink design is also different, the venus12 has about 30 more copper fins than the silent boost does, which also adds to its better cooling performance.

38°C is a bit high dont you think? is it located in a sauna??

try pointing a fan onto it, or remove the side panel like "THE FANMAN" :D said :)

wouldnt your mobo just be slightly higher than your room temp? there really isnt much that makes it overly hot is there?

both rigs show the same system temps. Case sides on or off with big box fan blowing on em. It is warm enough in my Office where just sitting here can become uncomfortable.

necroman- Thanks that was the info i was looking for.

Back