• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Condomwrap

I know these types of questions pop up all the time, but I thought it would be easier to ask.
I just took the plunge to watercooling, how do these temps look?

Setup:
2100+ @ 2200mhz @ 1.75v
Abit NF7-S rev 1.2

Cooled by a Dtek WhiteWater (**** poor lap job, just wanted to hook it up quickly so I never bothered lapping it.) Via Aqua 1300,
and BIX rev2 with 2 86cfm fans, one pushing one pulling.
My temps are around 41C idle and 45C load after 3 hours of prime.

Just seems to me like my temps should be a bit lower. My ambient temp is 26C. I've reseated the block once so I know its not that and I know about abits whack temperature readings but is this what others are getting too?

Got a picture of your system? Are you sure the radiator is getting a good clean source of cool air without much restriction?

A 4C difference between idle and load doesn't sound like a bad block base problem to me. That the idle temperature is so far above ambient sounds to me more like a radiator issue with it not getting unrestricted cool air. Any idea of what your water temperatures are?

Secondly, do you have a fan blowing over the socket area? My guess is probably not.

I have my 2100 at 2.2 GHz with a 166 FSB with a Volcano 11 heatsink with the fan at 4000 RPM. Right now with an ambient of 73F(23C) I am getting an idle temp of 100F(38C) so I think your temps are a bit high. What kind of thermal paste are you using?

ZachM said:
I have my 2100 at 2.2 GHz with a 166 FSB with a Volcano 11 heatsink with the fan at 4000 RPM. Right now with an ambient of 73F(23C) I am getting an idle temp of 100F(38C) so I think your temps are a bit high. What kind of thermal paste are you using?

You have a different motherboard brand, let alone a different motherboard altogether.

Cannot compare temperatures between systems. Each motherboard is different, each brand has a tendency to read high/low. Abit are known to read fairly high. MSI are known to read fairly low. Then you have per-motherboard variations around that.

To answer those questions:

OCZ thermal paste

I cut out a hole in the front of my chieftec case (antec sx1030b)
But it does have that grill which could be restricting airflow, but I dont think it could be hampering my sytstem that much...
Besides I got 2 fans on there I see most people running there rig with just one fan on the rad and getting better temps.

I'm running the latest abit bios thats supposed to report temps more accurately. Any suggestions on another bios?

Hmm, I didn't realize that motherboard sensors varied that much in their temp readings. Motherboard manufacturers should include temp probes with a little readout on the motherboards. That would be nice because their current methods are really crappy.

Back