• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

driver question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jibby

is it bad not to install my 4 in 1 drivers for my abit board as the first thing? i forgot to and i just installed them should i reformat?

You will be ok as long as you installed them sometime during your renstall. most of the time I install my lan driver and get all of the windos updates before I install any other drivers.

Ok you should install all Motherboard drivers as by not doing so will cause certain things to work either slowly or not at all, Take the nForce boards you need the drivers to run USB controlers.

So basicly my advice is install after SP1 for XP which what you have to do for all nForce boards anyway all though i found with MSI i got the best performance installing the drivers after the installation of the O/S

Has your performance been hurt by the installation? If not, there shouldn't be any need to reformat.

You didn't mention which OS you're running, but if it's XP the VIA chipset drivers (the 4in1's, albeit an older version) are included with, and automatically installed by the OS...upon Setup recognizing a MB which requires them. :)

Last edited:
Back