• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fans noisy at start-up, then goes away

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JayP

Once I turned on my computer my fans really sound really loud and bad, almost like a buzzing noise. But after a while the buzz sounds smoothens out. Is there anything I could do to the fans to stop this from happening? Do they need to be lubed or even changed?

i dont think thats a problem, the psu just evens out or something like that....i guess i just ditributes it evenly or something along those lines, but i could always be wrong :D u only need to lube em when they are noisy ALL the time, not just at startup, i once had a sleeve bearing fan from an AT power supply that sounded like a mini diesel engine until i put some 3-in-1 lube in there and took out all the dried up left-over lube from b4, and btw thats not u in ur avatar right?

haha heck no, that ain't me...

i just have a major crush on Natalie Portman though:D

Did this just start resently.Have you moved the location of the case on the desk or some thing?Can you isolate the noise to a particular area or fan?The fans may need some rubber mounting
grommets to cut down on vibration.But since it's only at start up,
its probably one fan with a dry or flat brg.Once it gets to spinning
it levels out.Check around the case and try to pinpoint the noise.:D Happy Thanksgiving All, THE FANMAN:cool:

btw thats not u in ur avatar right?

Ha ha, I was just gonna ask the same question until you said it. Was thinkin "Wow, she looks awful like Natalie Portman".:D

Wouldn't worry about the noise, I doubt there's anyone on this forum who doesn't hear different noises from fans during startup, than if their comp. was running for 5 hours or whatever. -> My Tornado gives of a queer rattle for a few seconds when turned on.

Damn, I wish there were people who looked like that on the forum...:cool:

Last edited:
lol, if only hot chicks were into computers :D but yea i wouldnt worry about it if its only at startup, she sure does have a pretty face :)

Am I the only one who doesn't know who Natalie Portman is? :)

in my P4 the sleeveless nonbearing totally awful fan on my processor makes a weird noise for about 5 seconds at startup, I think that its just the quality of the fans...

but my P2 doesn't make any special noise at startup..but I do only have 3 fans in all.. ;-)

Foxie3a said:
Am I the only one who doesn't know who Natalie Portman is? :)

no, your not :)

on topic: check which fan it is, then see if it does the same if youd remove it from the case, then see where its coming from... :)

btw, she isnt that hot...:rolleyes:

she isn't hot at all :)

I'd just buy all dual ball bearing fans and not have that problem.. :)

well, lets try google image search...

And no, she's not hot, I know people who are a lot prettier than that..

back on subject. I doubt that the pads will reduce the noise.

offtopic/ must be an age thing... voodoo, what age are ya :D

ontopic/
on topic: check which fan it is, then see if it does the same if youd remove it from the case, then see where its coming from...

you saying you wouldnt throw it in her??
and yea ive seen hoter chicks but **** id bone them 2 ...
hot is hot as hot is hot its all the same once they get to a certain hotness i dont think anyone would miss the oprotunity if they had it ..

It got to this because someone obviously thinks she's hot. And OC'ers know hot where hot rocks. I think she's hot as well.

Back