• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

volt modding led fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yea, if its drawing less volts, it will make ur leds have less volts, so lower light output from the leds, but i could be wrong, someone else give some feedback

dalilman52 said:
yea, if its drawing less volts, it will make ur leds have less volts, so lower light output from the leds, but i could be wrong, someone else give some feedback

Yup your absolutely right, less voltage to the fan equals less light emitted from the LED's

did it...the led's don't seem to have taken much of a hit as far as brightness...a little but not too much...much quieter now...thanks for the replies all.

edit: now this mod only affects the fan modded and not any others, correct? i mean my VGA cooler is plugged into the same molex connector but in front of the fan that was modded...

it depends on how the two are connected, it they are using the same molex cable but w/ a y-adapter, no it wont, if it is daisy chained, with a second molex coming out of the led fan's plug, it might but im not too sure, but if they are using seperate molex cables directly connected to the psu, of course it wont

the vga cooler is plugged directly into the molex (and should be getting 12V) and the modded fan is plugged in to the vga connector...i think i'll swap the vga fan to another molex to be safe...

Back