• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Boot XP and Another XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

okayfine

Is this possible?

I'm happy with XP, but I want to be able to dual boot another XP with a different region and language settings.

I tried setting up two different users each with different region/language settings, but unfortnately, these settings appear to be global and doesn't stick with each user.

For example, if set USER 1 with english and US as language and region, then log on to USER 2, and then set region and language to France, and French, when I log back to USER 1, the region and language stats as France/French.

So I thought the easiest way to do this is to dual boot with 1 system set as english, and another as french.

Is this possible??

Thanks so much in advance.

hmmm... not sure... it probably is possible.
ive run into problems in the past trying to dual boot with 2k pro & xp pro.

It's possible

yeah you can install another copy of the windows xp. Just give it a another name and install. You can dual boot it. I've 2 copies of windows xp and windows 2k pro, w2k server installed in my machine. One xp installtion is for gaming perpose and the otehr is for general usage. W2k are for my exam purpose.

hmmm... i see... its kinda funny that i see this post now... just last nite i tried my luck at dual booting again... screwed up... now im back on 2k pro. ill remember this post next time i try tho XD

Hey bubble,

Did you just install the second XP on a separate partition on the same HD?

Thanks.

yes i've installed the second xp in the same hard disk in a another partion. My first hard disk is only allocated for o/s's. Second partion only for data storage. I don't see any difficulty in installing same o/s 2 or 3 times in the same hard disk. Only thing is you must have a partions (without it is posibe but not good) and a botable xp cd. Anyway i did't ment that to hurt anyone but i've keep on doing this various o/s. Sometimes i install diffrent flavours of linux along with the windows because i want to learn them also. But this time for few months i manged to not to format my machine for few months. (it's very hard to not to format lol)
Anyway it's possible and if anyone having problem let me know i'll try my best to help.

Back