• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sunbeam rheobus- blown resistor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tommy1

Registered
Hi all I turned on my computer today and could smell burning, as you could imagine i was very worried and quickly shut it down to take a look inside. I noticed that the smell was coming from the rheobus i checked it out and found one of the main resistors near the fan plugs had completly fried, now only 2 of the 4 channels work :(. I was not running anywhere near the maximum load for each channel which is 20w here is what i was running:-

channel 1- 70mm tmd fan 3.84w
channel 2- 50mm fan 1.44w
channel 3- 120mm fan 6.96w
channel 4 - 3x 80mm fan 5.04w combined

The rheobus has been running perfectly for about 6 months the channels which dont work were pretty much always at 7v, maybe the resistor just died from the stress. Anyway im going to try and fix it as im am ok with a soldering iron I just dont know what value resistor is needed. I already contacted sumbeam and they do not reply lol i dont even think they accept returns/rma. If anyone knows the type of resistor needed it would be a great help.

Thanks

Thanks for your help the resistor is a beige colour with 2 red stripes, 1 gold stripe and 1 silver stripe

I just checked again and the resistor is about 1cm long and im certain the stripe is gold (then again i am mildly colour blind :). Im just charging my digicam battiries now so i will post a pic later to confirm.

Thanks

Back