• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone using the Swiftech MCX462-V?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TomaHawk47x

im thinking about pairing the MCX462-V with a 92mm Vantec Tornado and Arctic Silver 5 for a good cooling/noise ratio for my barton 2500+. what are your opinions/experiences with this heatsink?

dont get the mcx462-v, it doesnt perform as well as a thermalright cooler, check the overclockers heatsink roundup for socket a, u will se the slk 900 and 800 perform better, but the tornado isnt exactly the best cfm to noise ratio, u would prolly be better off getting a panaflo for best noise to cfm ratio...

I really like Swiftech stuff...I use MCX-4000's on all my P-4 build's...And really like my MCX462-V...Yeah it is not quiet as good as the Thermalright's...But much easier to clean...You do not have to lap them and on the MCX4000 anyway work better in my humble opinion than the Thermalright's when using 92m/m fans...And the MCX462-V is one very cool looking heat sink...But if you want the absolute best as far as cooling then Thermalright is the way to go...I personally will never buy another Thermalright product...And I have had them all except the heat pipe models...Still have a SLK-800...It cool's 1C better than my SK-6+ with a TMD fan on it...:eek:

Back