• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ai7+Zalman ZM-7000A-ALCU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it will fit... its just the socket has been slightly rotated but the core has barely moved.. it's just turned so it will still make good contact with the HSF... Just be sure to test that your thermal compound is contacting the entire IHS... They turned the socket to help with Power fluction problems... I'm supposeing this is going to help us for when Prescot is released...

i guy on one forum said that it wont fit without modification because it makes contact with something. does it really fit without touching anything outside the cpu socket?

That is a whole lot of pics their.... The NB HSF does look dangerously close to the retention bracket... But it does look to be about the same distance as it was in the IC7 so I do believe the Zalman CNPS-7000xx will fit on this board... I'm ordering this board in a few days so I'll post pics of what the Zalman looks like on this thing....

Damn links....;)

Well, the SCSI drivers thing...ok...but you could embed them in the right WinXP cab (read an article on how to do this one time), reburn the CD, and not need the floppy... :cool:

Rocinante said:
What in the world do you need a floppy drive for???:eh?:

Just get a $25 USB drive....most newer mobos can boot off of them now... :cool:

Look here:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=property&DEPA=1

I NEED IT because of various diagnostic programs and where are live there is no newegg, other vendors don't have USB FDD, and I don't want an external drive, it has it's own place in my case :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

eva2000 said:

those are my piccies hehe.. that's a 9600pro with the zalman heatpipe in a cramped Accent HT200S desktop case

Yeah, I figured your experiance with the board could help out a few people here concerned about the socket/heatsink position/fit...

Your info on the use of the memory in slots 2 and 4 is good stuff too...

Keep up the good work...:cool:

Back