• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New triple rad, dual loop rig - halfway built

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jackal2513

ok im halfway there with my near-silent system....

-first loop (HD's and maze4 gpu) minus the northbridge waterblock (which ill get on saturday) is in place.

-PSU and HD aquadrive coolers are sanwiched as one and suspended/decoupled from the case.

-Both pumps are in place and decoupled (they bobble about nicely if you touch them like they are sitting on springs).

-Main BIX2 is in, sanwiched amidst foam. BIMicro2 is in first loop.

Waiting for delivery tomorrow for 3rd rad to go in the hole at the front of the case and then i can complete the 1/2 inch loop with just the whitewater on it. Also, ramsinks to go on mosfests. Intend to make as few wires as possible actually visible and want things very neat. I dont like clutter and i like a lot of space. Cold cathodes are already installed out of sight.

This system is designed for silence. Fans will be x2 80mm panaflo L1a and x2 Papst NGL at 7v. Middle rad with either get my papst 120mm or a 92mm that i have. With such huge radiator real estate I suppose I could get quite impressive cooling so I may add voltage switchers to all fans just so i have the power on tap but most of the time I want the thing silent from around 2-3 feet away. From previous tests i think the loudest thing will now be the mosfets buzzing and a very low sound of air movement created by the Nexus PSU (which is in fact very impressivly quiet). Its not a noise you really notice until its not there to be honest but when everything is complete I will look into the 450W watercooled prosilence PSU - it will be easy to plumb it in as i can take a feed straight out of the hard drives.

I guess i like the looks as well... my idea was when you take the front of the case off all you see is black radiators ! :D

wheelchair_halfway.jpg
:D

just to let you know the spec if your interested:

res ->

-> 1250 -> BIX -> BIX2 -> WW
-> 1048 -> BIMicro2 -> NB Z block -> Maze 4 gpu -> Aquadrive1 -> Aquadrive2

-> res

P3.06 @ 3.53, 8KNXP, 9800 pro

wow, you guys are crazy... but in that good-crazy way that lowers temps... looks great rokk1972, and jackal, send us some pics of the finsihed product. these dual-approaches are interesting and i'd like to see more.

Back