• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what water additives!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wolfeinstein

Disabled
a lot of people (myself included) use antifreeze mixed with their water. it keeps stuff from growing, and has cool colors (orange, red, grees as far as i know) and it's cheap =)

Antifreeze colors...ok, a question I know.

Blue: VW/Audi, BMW, Saab

Pink: VW (autobahn)

Orange/red: GM (dexcool)

Orange: Mercedes-Benz

Red: Toyota

Yellow/Gold/Green: Most everyone else

Those are the ones I know off the top of my head. :)

Mark

wow, i'm almost scared to ask how someobody knows that sort of thing just like that... mechanic maybe? or possibly a connisseur of fine antifreezes lol

Prestone Dexcool Antifreeze is what I use, overly orange color, and it performas as well as my Water Wetter did. Don't use water Wetter, it lines the tubing and components with white gunk that messes things up after extended use.

Use Anti-freeze, or Zerex.

EDIT: Don't buy a bay reservoir, use a Tee-Line, or make/purchase a canister shaped rez, with the outpull at the bottom, and the intake at the top. Bay reservoirs are near impossible to bleed completely, and there is always a chance of air getting sucked into circuit. Also - you need your external (visible with a panel) floppy bays for hard drives (and your floppy drive), allowing you to remove the extra bays below them for a radiator blowhole and mount.

i am nude said:
out of curiosity, are any of thoes inherently blacklight sensitive?

green AF glows well under UV
orange is ok, not as bright as green. never tried blue as I no longer use AF (Methanol now)

Back