• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling with only one computer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToolBox

How would you install watercooling parts if you only have one computer (but a new case). You would have to take out the mobo put it in the new case to get measurements, cut tubing length, then take out the mobo again and put it back in the old computer? Its just easier if you have new parts to install in.

I personally would just install everything at the same time.

Throw the MB in, mark the mounting holes, drill/cut the back of the case out.

Then mount the CPU/BLOCK/MB and keep progressing from there.

But then I wouldn't have the 24/48 hour dedicated to testing. I'll be using JB weld to make a res. and heatercores and don't know if it'll work...

you should be able to estimate lengths for tubing, as long as you're within an inch you shouldn't have any problems with them being the right length. take a pencil and measure off where your cpu is and draw it's location on your motherboard tray.

I don't think I can do that. I'll need to remove the socket hold down then re put it so I can use my computer later. This is ****ing me off LOL.

{PMS}fishy said:
I personally would just install everything at the same time.

Throw the MB in, mark the mounting holes, drill/cut the back of the case out.

Then mount the CPU/BLOCK/MB and keep progressing from there.

Move your hardware to the new case like {PMS}fishy mentioned ... even modify the mobo tray so you can access the holes w/o removing the mobo in the future, but, instead of installing your watercooling hardware just eyeball your lengths like i am nude suggested and test the cooling system outside the box in your bath tub when you are sure it will work install it in the case as well

I second what fishy said. You can run it for testing without powering up the computer. Just plug in the pump and let it circulate with a few towels under it. Another good idea when testing for leaks is use peices of newspaper under the connections so if it does leak you can spot it right off. Also if you use a UV dye in the water, turn on a blacklight and it'll show you any leak right off. Like a bright light coming from a connection.

Back