• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Electro-osmosis pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Muku

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else has heard of this before. I saw this a couple months ago and mentioned it in a thread of somewhat different topic, and I don't think anyone really saw it.
They supposedly have a much higher flow than centifugal pumps.
I found it incredibly interesting.
Here is the link again.Electro-osmosis pumps

this sounds like an interesting technology, looks to be very usefull in laptops. is there any indication as to how much power one of thoes uses?

I would think fairly soon. Actually I just saw another forum's thread saying that cooligy apparently is implimenting this pump. He is stating that they developed it, but doesn't give any sources, and says "rumour" ...
remember, this is how a lot of contraversy is started. I have a feeling his source may not fully straight, but I'm not trying to say who's who here.

these pumps also mean that pump vibration and noise will no longer be an issue

it looks like these pumps move water much like a peltier moves heat, i wouldn't be surprised if limited battery life is why we don't see them in laptops already

Ahh Soshootme, so that explains why my searching the forum for "electrokinetic" or "electroosmosis" brought nothing up at all, because you called it microelectromechanical instead :D
in reality I don't think that name fits that well, since there are no mechanical actions....(not critisizing though :) )

hmmmmmm, and I will stop getting so into it, and just let this thread die...:( goodbye exciting pump news.....

;)

It's all over in google as "electro-kinetic pump", talks about cooligy in many of those google links.

Yeah, I saw the article before when it was posted here, but there version looks more like a "wet heatsink". I'm talking about replacing the plexi top on my block with one, and continuing to use a radiator.
Those one piece units have failed in the past, and if it does succeed, Dell will make it suck again, I think it's in their business plan.

My aim is to simply replace the third "lump" in the system and make watercooling available to the mATX owner. Sure could fit nicely in a Shuttle too.

ha thats true! see, I guess I'm going for simply replacing just the pump, which they are saying are being made as seperate units. Granted the in block thought is very intruiging.

tear comes to eye....I love science....*sniffle*

wow, If this becomes more commercialized in production computers we would all have cheap WC components to pick from. This technology looks awesome in everyway.

Back