• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Block question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

repilce

I have been working on my WC system and was wondering ...

I am using a MAG2 , (i know i know) it's only a 250G/H pump but they have alot of head pressure pluss i'm using a whopping 3/4" inlet and 1/2 out.

but i was thinking of getting the RBX but i have seen some things that are leading me to belive that it might need a little more pump than i have to cool that great.. now, from my sig you can see i dont have a monster right now so i'm wondering if i should go ahead and get it and when i upgrade cpu/mobo i could upgrade pump as well (the pump was free, new:D ) or maybey just go for a block that would be better for lower flow?

I'd try it with the Mag2 first. It's a good pump, and you may save yourself some coin in not having to buy a new one.
If you don't get the temps you think you should, then go ahead and get an larger pump.

It's free to try the one you got, and you might be surprised.

I just did some testing i might kill the 3/4" inlet and go with 1/2 inlet and make it planned for internal again.. even with my HC hooked up (not scientifcily) i tested it at about 3G/min looks like RBX here i come.

I wonder if you could run the thing with NO accelarater plate.

really?, why is this.. and just a side not i'm the most indesive person, after looking at many test results i'm thinking of just going with the MCW5002A from swifty, cheaper, good quality, option for pelt, good for low flow, and i dont have mounting holes, i know DD has a adapter but i dont think that would be as good as the swifty's option for socket out of the box.

Back