• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MAX 3 Issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

Okay what is the deal I hear people telling me to stay away from this board and others telling me to get it. What's the problems with it. All boards have issues but what is with this board. If this board is really crap then tell me what board is better and it doesnt have to be an abit if some other brand is better. If its the board for me then i will get it but pls give me advice either way.

The thing with this board is that in most cases the vdimm mod is "broken". That means that you probely won't be able to give your ram more than 2.8v. That's pretty much the unique problem with this card, that some people having some issues with certain rammodules is a random problem which can accur with any brand of motherboard.

I personally love this board, though I'm running at 250/200, running 4 sticks of PC3500 at 2-2-2-5. I consider this to be pretty good for any board.

I have not had one single stability issue with this board and I love the OTES. This is the coolest running system I have ever had and I have to give the OTES the credit for that (cause I have had other systems in this same case with same fans). It's makes the whole case cooler.

Last edited:
Back