• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broken shaft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikeonatrike

I broke my impeller shaft...i need a new one. Anyone know where i could find such a thing? Im sure any shaft thats relitively the same size will do. It seems to be 5/32 diameter and 4 1/4 inches long and made of what i assume to be ceramic.

On a side note....could i use brass rod? Or stainless steel? I can aquire that much easier im sure.

That would be a great idea if i knew who made my pump. I think its laguna, cuz it looks alot like a laguna. But im not sure.

You could probably replace it with a stainless steel one, I've seen it done here before (can't remember who).
Firstly though, I'd try to get a tad more accurate with the diameter, because one that's smaller or larger than the one it has may well land you in the same frying pan, so to speak.
Polish it well with some high grit sandpaper too (2000 or higher)

Cool, i am fairly certain the shaft is 5/32 cuz i have a drill bit of that diameter and they are the same. But im gonna call around tommorow and see if i can get a real ceramic one.

What kind of pump do you have? I had this pb with an Eheim 1046 some time ago, but I could get a free new shaft from the reseller. It looks that this kind of thing happens quite often on Eheim pumps, but I don't have figures. Did it happened to anyone else?

Back