• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weight??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falcx

My rig specs are in my sig.............Im looking into getting a SP-94......with either a 80 or 92 mm Panaflo. If i wanted to put a gutted out fan in as a spacer to increase cooling.........will that be too much weight since the sp94 is a heavier hsf??? Also,if i am putting in a gutted out fan for a spacer , is it better to use a 92mm over an 80 mm fan??

It shouldnt be too much extra weight since the gutted fan will weigh almost nothing and I would use a 92mm fan.

It's hard to tell, a lot of people reccomend always going with the larger fan but I've seen where larger fans sometimes give worse results. Try both if thats an option.

Weight isn't a problem.

id go for the 92 with spaces :) wont be that much extra weight, like necro said, it weighs nearly nothing :)

btw: how much CFM will the 92mm fan push? i would like my CPU fan to push as much CFM with as little noise, so maybe a 80mm would be a bit better.....

EDIT: not that i mean that a 80 is quieter ;) but they usually are availeble in more CFM differences...

Dont gut out the fan, thats how they are held against the heatsink. You could get the somewhat now rare Delta 80x38mm FFB0812HHE www.sidewindercomputers.com has them. They arnt too loud and perform quite well...those came stock on alot of swiftechs and high end heatsinks a long time ago...back when people cared about their hearing. Seems like its making a come back! yay to hearing, down to deafness..WHAT? I cant hear you...my loud fans require hearing protection or insanity insues :p

Im lookin at gettin the Panaflo High 92mm fan then just a no namer for the spacer, or the Thermaltake Smart Fan II with or w/o LED.

Back