• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is there another way to clear cmos on IC7-MAX3?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eliteoneXP

I know this may sound kinda dumb but I just installed a watercooling system in my rig and i have a x-superalien case (almost identical to a Xaser 3). My problem is my rad is right next to my clear cmos and all my other connectors and i really dont feel like taking that huge thing out everytime i gotta clear it so my question is...is there a second way to clear it?

When you boot up your PC rapidly hit the " Insert " key. This will boot your PC into the default factory settings. It has saved my bacon numerous times

Also, a last ditch way to clear the CMOS is to remove the battery for about 1 minute or so and then reinstall it.

I've also seen someone hook a REST switch up to the CMOS jumpers. That way they didn't have to mess with the jumpers. Just open the case and hit the button for a few seconds and reboot.

I've also seen someone hook a REST switch up to the CMOS jumpers. That way they didn't have to mess with the jumpers. Just open the case and hit the button for a few seconds and reboot.

Back