• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800 modo doa?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Baltimoron

Registered
First Im sorry for dbl posting but I thought I should move this post to this section of the boards. Here is my problem, any help would be fantastic!

I just received my new toys, they are listed in my sig. I put it all together last night and boom! It will not boot up to bios. I get 2 real quick beeps and then 6 short beeps. The two quick beeps almost sound like one but there is a very minute pause between them. I can't find out what bios I have. I have looked on the board, in the manual and on Asus website and I dont see the bios brand for the P4P800. On pcmech.com I see the Phoenix bios says that "any combination of beeps after two means that some of your memory is bad, and unless you want to get real technical, you should probably have the guys in the lab coats test the memory for you. Take your computer to the shop."
I did buy some Geil 512mb pc3200 which is not on the "tested and recommended list" by Asus. I reseated the ram in all slots and got the same beep codes. I took the ram out and started it and of course it did not boot up but the beep codes were gone. All of these items are brand new. I have already ordered the recommended ram and am going to rma the geil stuff back.
Any suggestions? Or am I looking at the wrong item, is it the mobo ?

Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Grandpa Dan.

According to ami's beep codes I was having a memory/video problem and a keyboard problem. Then I got to thinking.....I use a kvm switch for my other computers. I connected the keyboard, mouse and monitor directly to my new system...and Voila!!! She is working fine!!! Woo-hooo! Im doing all the updates and installing anti virus and spyware software right now. Needless to say "I am a very happy camper!!!:D

Back